As one of the UK’s flagship dance training schemes, One Youth Dance UK (London) is the ultimate platform to kick-start your dance career.
As a One Youth Dance member, you’ll be part of a performing dance company, receiving training from industry-leaders in a variety of styles.
For more information about One Youth Dance, please visit their website.
Auditions are held at The Place in London, twice yearly. The audition day involves two stages: a first round and a recall. You will be notified on the day if you have successfully made it to the recall.
NEXT AUDITION DATE:
Sunday 3rd May 2020
WHO CAN APPLY:
Girls and boys aged 13-19. The One Youth Dance panel are experts in identifying talent, regardless of previous dance experience, so a lack of formal training should not deter you from applying.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click here to apply
HOW DOES IT WORK?
You will be invited to a first round audition, involving a series of dance classes. You will then be notified within 48 hours as to whether you have been invited to a recall audition. Places are offered after the recall audition.
The Audition Day(s)
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
First Round Audition:
- Jazz Class
- Contemporary Choreography
- Commercial Choreography
- Contemporary Class
- Jazz Class
- Creative Class
TIPS AND ADVICE (From Principal Joanna Shaw and Student T-ala)
- Just wear whatever you feel most comfortable in. A top and leggings/tights are the most popular attire to wear
- You won’t need to prepare anything in advance- all the tasks are set during the audition day
- The panel are look for ‘good work ethic’ and the desire to push your self and step outside of your comfort zone
- Make sure that you remain engaged and responsive at all times- this is something that the panel really look out for
- The panel are just as interested in natural potential (without previous experience) as they are in dancers that have had a lot of previous dance training
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org